At our school we aim to give every child an education that they will not forget.
Through careful planning, building good relationships and ensuring that the highest expectations are in place, we believe that all of our children can achieve to the highest level.
As well as developing a robust, creative curriculum that will give children the opportunity to learn key skills in all academic areas, we also want our children to develop a growth mindset and 'can-do' attitude towards life and learning. Our pastoral care will focus on building self-esteem through the use of consistent positive language and adults modelling appropriate behaviour. Our school will work in close partnership with parents/carers to ensure that children develop social and emotional skills that are required to get the most out of life.
Pupils will leave our school as confident learners who:
- Can read and write well and have good mathematical skills
- Have happy and harmonious relationships with friends from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Have developed a sense of responsibility and an understanding of right and wrong
- Have a love of learning, inspired by a variety of experiences both in and out of the classroom
We will achieve this through:
- A belief that every child can succeed
- A supportive atmosphere where all children are safe and valued and where healthy lifestyles are actively promoted
- A calm and ordered environment where pupils learn to respect each other, follow routines and behave well so that they can learn
- Close co-operation with parents and families
For children to succeed at school it is essential that good home/school links are in place.
We will always endeavour to communicate to parents/carers effectively and hope that this will always be a two way channel.If you require any further information regarding our school or would like to visit, please contact the school office.